Joint Stock Company "Almaty Technological University"
JSC «Almaty Technological University»
Year of foundation
President — Kulazhanov Kuralbek Sadibaevich
Rector – Kulazhanov Talgat Kuralbekovich
Certificate of state re-registration of a legal entity No. 28264-1910-AO dated December 26, 2003 State license No. 0137401 dated February 03, 2010
JSC “ATU” has 5 faculties, 19 departments, the Kazakh-Swiss Institute of Tourism and Hospitality (HTMI), 3 research institutes, 8 research laboratories, 13 educational and research centers.
1. Research Institute of Food Technologies with laboratories:
– Research laboratory of new generation products;
— Research Laboratory for Laser Activation of Technological Processes;
– Research laboratory for complex processing of secondary raw materials and food production;
— Research laboratory of innovative technologies of food and processing industries.
2. Food Safety Research Institute with Laboratories:
– Accredited food safety laboratory;
— Research laboratory for quality and safety assessment of food products.
3. Research Institute of Light Industry Problems with laboratories:
– Research laboratory of technology and safety of textile materials;
– Research laboratory for the design of light industry products.
Educational and scientific centers:
– Educational and scientific bread center;
– Educational and Scientific Dairy Center;
– Educational and Scientific Center for Meat Processing;
– Educational and scientific pasta center;
– Educational and scientific center of oils and dietary supplements.
– Educational and scientific center for the production of animal feed;
– Educational and scientific center for the production of grain mixtures;
– Educational and Scientific Center for Fermentation Products;
– Training center for the production of catering products;
– Training center “SERVICE LAB” for restaurant and hotel business;
— Educational and Scientific Center “Asem Service”;
– Kazakh-Korean Scientific and Educational Center for Technology and Design;
— Republican technical committee No. 67 for the standardization of new generation food products.
Training of specialists
26 образовательных программ – бакалавриата, 25 – магистратуры, 13 – докторантуры.
International, national specialized accreditation of educational programs
Accreditation Agency for EPs in Engineering, Informatics, Natural Sciences and Mathematics (ASIIN) 22 OPs, including: 5 EPs for Bachelor’s, 12 EPs for Master’s Degrees, 5 OPs for Doctoral Studies.
Independent Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (IQAQO) 20 EPs, including: 9 bachelor’s EPs, 8 master’s EPs, 3 doctoral EPs.
Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating (IAAR) 13 EPs, including: 7 bachelor’s EPs, 4 master’s EPs, 2 doctoral EPs
The total area is more than 70 thousand square meters. m.
The infrastructure of the university includes:
4 educational buildings;
large and small assembly hall;
13 – educational and scientific centers;
training and production restaurant;
sports hall and stadium;
student service center
Contingent of students
The contingent of the teaching staff
463 scientists and teachers, including 28 academicians and corresponding members of international and national academies of sciences, 51 doctors of sciences and professors, 134 candidates of sciences and associate professors, 60 PhDs
The international cooperation
JSC “ATU” successfully cooperates with more than 95 largest foreign institutions of education and science
In JSC “ATU” there are 2 dissertation councils in the areas of science: “Technology of the food industry” and “Technology of light and processing industry”
Republic of Kazakhstan, 050012, Almaty city, Almaly district, Tole bi street, house 100