In 2004, the service of the registration Department of Almaty Technological University was established, which registers the entire history of educational achievements of the student and ensures the organization of all types of knowledge control and calculation of his academic rating.
In 2011, in order to improve the educational process and optimize the structure of the university, according to the order of the rector, ATU was introduced into the structure of the university “Registrar’s Office”, which included “Registration Department”, “Testing Department” and “Student Archive”.
The office of the registrar of the University is designed for the organization of the educational process on credit technology of education, planning of the educational process, quality control of students’ knowledge and operational planning and management of the educational process, accounting for the movement of the contingent of students and the preparation of statistical reports.
The work of the Registrar’s Office is carried out in accordance with his plan and is coordinated with the activities of deans, departments and other structural units of the university involved in the organization of the educational process.
The main tasks of the Registrar’s Office of all forms of training are:
– registration and control of students’ knowledge in accordance with the credit technology of training;
– control over the implementation of individual curricula of students;
– organization of a system for monitoring the educational achievements of students;
– accounting of educational achievements of students during the entire training period;
– analysis of academic indicators of sessions, final attestations, control sections of students’ knowledge;
– relationship with teachers and advisors;
– providing accurate academic information to students, teachers and administrative staff.
The Registrar’s office of all forms of training performs the following functions:
– registration of students on the basis of orders on enrollment, transfer, restoration;
– organization of the process of registration and re-registration of students for academic disciplines;
– formation of academic groups and streams;
– determining the profitability of groups or subgroups;
– organization and control of students’ knowledge;
– involvement of independent examiners in the assessment of students’ knowledge;
– determination of the academic rating of students based on the results of the final control;
– organization of a summer semester to eliminate academic debts and differences in curricula,
– meeting the needs of additional training;
– provision of academic information to deans, university management (examination and rating sheets, summary sheets, reports) for analysis and current work at the request of students;
– registration and issuance of diplomas and appendices (transcripts) to graduates, registration in the book of registration and issuance of diploma forms.
Director of the Student Service Center
Head of the Registration Department
Testing department engineer